Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Thursday 31 May 2012

Last 2 challenge entries.

Hello everyone from a rainy St Madoes!!  Yes, you've guessed, the sun didn't stay very long :o(  I have gone from shorts, strappy t-shirt and flip-flops, to long trousers, hoodie, socks and slippers!! LOL!!!  It is meant to get better at the weekend so fingers crossed.

 This is the last day of the month long challenge at Let's Scrap    I didn't manage to do as many challenges as I wanted, as I have been so busy, but managed to get these two completed. 
This first one is a challenge set by Elizna Parsons DT and it was to use a Bingo card and a banner on your layout.  We had to use a let's scrap sketch of our own choice, so I picked the one above and used the left side.
 The layout shows Marie and Corinne and was taken when we were all over in New Zealand (Jan 2010).  I noticed on the Bingo Card that the numbers 28 and 33 were there, and I circled them (like on a bingo card) as that is the ages on the girls' birthdays that year.  I used the papers which I won after being picked as the weekly winner on Let's Scrap a few weeks ago. (Very exciting indeed!)  The papers were from My Little Shoebox,  a brand which I have never used before.  The flowers were on a die-cut sheet and you coiled them round to make each flower.  I really like the way this turned out, and I love the colours on the whole layout.
 This layout was based on the sketch below, where you had to  use Hexagons.  Now, as everyone knows, a hexagon has 6 sides.  So would someone care to tell me why, when cutting out my shapes, I made Octagons which have 8 sides???????  Silly Woman!!  I had to start again, and didn't want to waste the shapes I had cut out, so transformed them from 8 sides to 6 sides. This meant they are a bit strange, but they are hexagons nonetheless!! (honestly!)
The layout shows Willie, Marie's boyfriend just a wee while after Jackson was born.  I love the photos on the left, as he is looking at Jackson as if to say "Are you real?"  
The papers I used were from DCWV Nana's Nursery.  I have had the papers for a while and I wondered how on earth I could use purple papers when all my Grandchildren are boys, but when I saw the colour of the chair and Willie's t-shirt, I knew I could use them!!
That's all for now, I must go and do some housework.  I have a man coming to fix my washing machine this afternoon - Joy upon joy!  More money! LOL!!!  I will then have to wash the pile of clothes which have built up since it broke down.  I have often wondered if Eric and I are very dirty, or very clean, as I always seem to have heaps of washing and there are only 2 of us?
Bye for now and thanks for stopping to take a look!

No comments: