Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Saturday 7 March 2015

Whisper a Wish to a Butterfly


Here is my Design Team Layout for Issue 88 of Scrapbook Magazine.  The theme was "Mum".




I am creating a family scrapbook so I was quite happy to scrap these photographs of my Mum.  I think my Mum was really beautiful when she was a young woman, and she bore a resemblance to our present Queen I think. 



She worked as a nurse, and the 2nd photo was taken on the steps of Westgreen Hospital where she worked and also met my Dad.

 Mum is no longer with me, and I seem to miss her more now, than I did when she first passed away.  There is a saying that if a Butterfly flies close to you, it is someone in heaven come for a wee visit.  When I saw this sentiment card I thought it was perfect, as I would love a Butterfly to take a message back to my Mum to let her know that I miss her and I wish she was here to see the Great Grandchildren which were born after she passed away.


  I used a lot of flowers on this layout, as Mum loved flowers and always pottered away in her garden.

The papers,sentiment and cameo were from Bo Bunny
Flowers from Wild Orchid.
Butterflies are from Prima

I hope you like this layout, it is a very special one to me.  
Take care and I would love to see you come back for a visit soon!
 

2 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

It's gorgeous, a fitting layout for such precious photographs.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment,

Liz x

Straipsniai said...

Thanks for writing thiss